There’s a variety of ways to make yeast rolls, and this is very close to my current favorite yeast roll recipe.
Try it out and let me know what you think in the comment section below!
Enjoy and Happy baking! 💋
- 4 ½ tsp yeast (two packages)
- 1 cup warm water (between 105 and 110°F)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cup all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Allow to proof. Approximately 5 minutes
- Mix together the remaining ingredients*
- Add yeast water to mixture and combine thoroughly
- Form into ball, place in oiled bowl and cover.
- Allow to rise, until double, in warm environment. Approximately 1 hour. (I use the oven with only the light on, or the microwave. Do not turn heat on in either one.)
- Roll dough out to 1/4". Cut into rounds**, and brush with melted butter.
- Cover and allow to rise again.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes. Just as the tops begin to turn golden.
- Brush with melted butter as soon as you remove them from the oven
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?