Peaches and Cream Cheese Cake
So, when I first opened up to this recipe in a church-style recipe collection – I assumed it was a cheesecake. But, it’s a cream-cheese, cake. A little disappointed as I continued to read – but I wanted to get it out to you quickly as well as try it myself.
The instructions were absolutely all-over-the-place, which can be very common in these older community-gathered recipe books. But I think I put it together “well enough”. Have any suggestions or questions – let me know if the comments below.
Though I know that there are a lot of people who aren’t a fan of cream cheese. I love have varied cream cheese can be. Try this fun summer, fruity, cream cheese cake and let me know what you think!
Enjoy and Happy baking! 💋
Peaches n Cream Cheese Cake
- ¾ C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3¼ oz package vanilla pudding (not instant)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ C milk
- 1 egg
- 1 canned peaches (Size not specified - assuming 15 oz)
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- ½ C granulated sugar
- 3 tsp juice (fruit)
Additional Topping (Please read notes below)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon* (Please read notes below! I suggest only ¼ tsp cinnamon.)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, pudding.
- Mix in butter, milk, and egg.
- Grease pie (baking) pan
- Pour batter into pan
- Lay peaches on top of batter
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar and juice to make the topping
- Spread topping on top of peaches
- Mix together additional topping ingredients: sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over cake
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes