Hazelnut is one of my favorites – especially during the autumn months.
One of my favorite flavors, this hazelnut recipe comes from one of the most comprehensive vintage cookbooks I’ve found – Favorite Recipes of Presbyterian Women.
This recipe didn’t actually give good instructions for the egg wash. After only listing 4 egg yolks and then instructing you to place all 4 in the cookie dough mixture, it then instructed you to use the remaining egg yolk with an unspecified amount of milk to make the egg wash.
So I have adjusted and updated.
- 3/4 c butter, softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 4 egg yolks only
- 1 c hazelnuts, ground
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add egg yolks and mix
- Mix in flour, then nuts
- Refrigerate for approximately 1 hour
- Roll cookie dough to 1/4 inch. Cut out cookies
- Place on prepared baking sheet
- Make egg was by beating together egg and milk
- Brush egg wash over cookies
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?