Perhaps you’ll think of this as more of a homemade Hamburger Helper, and you would not be wrong. That’s pretty much what Hamburger Helper is – a skillet lasagna of some sort.
I think it’s much tastier than a boxed version – and you can switch this up quite a bit to make it your own. I have never purchased a spaghetti sauce mix. So, I just leave out that ingredient as well as the tomatoes and instead use a chunky spaghetti sauce.
Let me know if you tried this and if you changed it up at all.
Enjoy and Happy baking! 💋
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix (2 ½ oz)
- 2 C Cottage Cheese (1lb)
- 3 C medium-size noddles, uncooked (egg noodles are great!)
- 1 Tbsp basil
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ½ C tomatoes (I assume crushed)
- 1 C water
- 1 C shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- Lightly brown ground beef in skillet* over a medium heat
- Sprinkle half spaghetti sauce mix over ground beef
- Spread cotage cheese over a layer of meat
- Lay noodles over top
- Sprinkle remaining spaghetti mix over top, as well as basil, parsley, and salt
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, and water
- Make sure everything (especially noodles) is moistened
- Cover tightly with lid and simmer on medium heat 30 - 35 minutes or until noodles are cooked
- When done, remove from heat or lower heat to low/keep warm. Sprinkle cheese over top. Place lid back on and let stand approximately 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe comes from the Cooking with Friends community recipe book.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?