This Ha’ Penny Snacks recipe is preserved from and listed in the Home Cooking community recipe book printed by the Dana, Indiana 49’er Club in 1974. Submitted by Betty (Farrington) Webb.
I’ve found it listed several ways during my research: Ha’Penny Snacks, Ha’Pennies, and Cheese Pennies.
Ha' Penny Snacks
- 1/4 cup 1 stick butter* at room temperature
- 10 oz. grated cheddar cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 package of dry onion soup mix**
- 4 diced strips of crispy bacon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Mix butter and cheese
- Add flour, soup mix, then bacon - and blend
- Shape into rolls (It does not specify how many rolls***.)
- Wrap in wax paper (I think plastic wrap will be fine - like a cheeseball)
- Slice balls into 1/4 inch-thick pieces.
- Place on ungreased sheet and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?