Over the last ten years, I’ve noticed a significant difference in the heat and cook times of the various slow cookers available on the market. I feel like the newer slow cookers can tend to get a lot hotter than older models. (Maybe that’s just a combination of the age and level of use for each slow cooker.) You’ll need to adjust the heat levels and time according to your slow cooker.
Scalloped EVERYTHING is a favorite side dish of mine. I don’t think I’ve met a scalloped dish that I didn’t like.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Note: This recipe makes approximately 2 quarts. So you’ll need to choose a slow cooker close to that size.
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy slow cooking!
How to Make Scalloped Eggplant in a Slow Cooker
Scalloped Eggplant (Slow Cooker)
- 1 large egg plant, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1½ Cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 Tbsps butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- evaporated milk, enough to moisten
- parm or mozarella cheese, grated (optional)
- In saucepan, boil water. Enough to cover and cook eggplant. Cook until tender.
- Mix all ingredients, except cheese, and combine with eggplant
- Place eggplant into slow cooker. (You may want to prepare slow cooker with cooking spray, oil, or butter so the eggplant doesn't stick.)
- Sprinkle cheese over top
- Place lid on slow cooker
- Cook on low 4 hours (up to 8)
- High settings will take 1½ - 2 hours
- Serve with your choice of main dish
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?