Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
I hope you give this vintage cherry cake recipe a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! ?
How to Make Old Fashion Cherry Cake
Old Fashion Cherry Cake
- 1 ½ Cup granulated sugar
- ½ Cup softened butter (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup sour milk*
- ½ Cup floured nuts
- 1 Cup "sugar" (Maraschino) cherries
- pinch salt
- In large bowl, cream together the sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs
- Sift in flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt
- Mix thoroughly. Add in sour milk, floured nuts, and sugar cherries
- Pour into prepared cake pan(s)
- Bake at 400° for approximately 35 minutes
How to make sour milk: 1 cup of milk, minus 1 tbsp. Add 1 tbsp of vinegar or lemon juice.
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?