Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
This is my ABSOLUTELY MOST FAVORITE cake. It’s also my most requested.
Combine it with the whipped chocolate frosting recipe here for an amazing chocolate gourmet treat.
BEST EVER Homemade Chocolate Cake
Whip up this gourmet chocolate cake - at home - with ease!
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup special dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dark coffee (cold or room temperature)
- 1 cup milk (whole works best)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Prepare either a 9x13 cake pan or two 8-inch cake pans.
- In large bowl, sift together the flour, salt, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In separate bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, oil, coffee, and vanilla.
- Combine both mixes thoroughly - witout overmixing.
- Pour into 9x13 cake pan or divide between the prepared smaller cake pans.
- Bake approximately 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cener comes But clean.
- When finished, allow to cool in pans at least 10 minutes before turning them over to remove.