This is so simple to make, and so extremely creamy! It’s my go-to frosting when I really want to make a luxurious and indulgent cake.
I combine this whipped frosting my BEST EVER Chocolate Cake recipe – and it is amazing!
Luxurious Whipped Frosting
- 1 C unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾ C dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C powdered sugar (give or take)
- 12 TBSP heavy whipping cream (give or take)
- In large bowl, beat butter. When smooth add coca powder then espresso powder.
- Mix in vanilla
- begin adding powdered sugar ½ cup at a time. Mix well after each.
- Add heavy cream in by the tablespoon. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Adjust powdered sugar and heavy cream until you get the desired consistency and taste. Additional cream with create a lighter and fluffier frosting.