Waffles are probably my favorite breakfast food. They are delicious by themselves and dressed up with butter, syrup, fruit toppings as well as whipped cream. Just an all-over delicious way to start the day.
Find one of my favorite recipes for fluffy homemade waffles below – and check out what I use to make them!
Several years ago, probably ten, my son decided that I needed a waffle maker after having visited a hotel during our vacation where a waffle maker was available during breakfast hours. He wasn’t wrong. He wanted waffles, and I wanted a waffle maker.
I started off with a smaller one, but when that one broke – I opted for this larger one which is not only more sturdy, but also allows me to make two large belgium waffles at the same time.
I absolutely love my Cuisinart Double Waffle Maker! It allows me to make two waffles at the same time, which helps me to keep churning them out and allows all of us to eat at the same time.
Enjoy and Happy Cooking! 💋
Homemade Fluffy Waffles
Fluffy Homemade Waffles
- Waffle Maker (See Notes)
- 2 C flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (I use dark)
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ C milk
- ⅓ C melted butter
- Heat waffle iron* (See notes below)
- Melt butter, and allow to cool
- Sift together all dry ingredients
- Combine all wet ingredients. Make sure the butter is cooled so that it does not cook the eggs
- Mix together the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Allow to sit for a few minutes
- Pour approximately 1/3 cup (amount may differ based on size of waffle maker) of batter onto heated waffle iron.
- Cook 3 - 5 minutes or per the waffle maker instructions.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?