Over the last ten years, I’ve noticed a significant difference in the heat and cook times of the various slow cookers available on the market. I feel like the newer slow cookers can tend to get a lot hotter than older models. (Maybe that’s just a combination of the age and level of use for each slow cooker.) You’ll need to adjust the heat levels and time according to your slow cooker.
Note: This recipe makes approximately 2.5 quarts. So you’ll need to choose a slow cooker close to that size.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy slow cooking! ?
How to Make Chicken Tortillas in a Slow Cooker
Chicken Tortillas (Slow Cooker)
- 1 fryer chicken - cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 10 3/4- oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes with chilies
- 2 Tbsp. quick-cooking tapioca
- 6-8 tortillas - torn into pieces
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese - grated
- Tear tortillas into pieces and using a third of the pieces, line the bottom of the slow cooker
- In large bowl, mix together the cut chicken soup, canned tomatoes, and tapioca
- Scoop one third of the chicken mixture over tortillas
- Sprinkle one-third of the onion and cheese over top
- Repeat layers, ending with onion and cheese
- Place lid on slow cooker
- Cook on low 6 - 8 hours
- Do not cook this recipe on high
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?