Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Maple Monday Series where I feature a delicious recipe that includes maple syrup. With Indiana’s Maple Syrup production increasing in recent years – I thought this would be a fun way to introduce more of its use to my friends and family.
You can browse a wide selection of maple syrups here. Keep in mind that all maple syrups are not equal. If you have tried a maple syrup in the past and you found it to be bitter, try again. It’s probably just that brand or particular harvest or process that you do not like.
Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! 💋
How to Make Double Cinnamon French Toast
Double Cinnamon French Toast
- 1 Cup maple syrup*
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Cup whipping cream (or half and half)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 slices thick bread**
- In heavy, mediuim saucepan, mix and bring to a boil 1 tbsp butter, 1 tsp cinnamon, and maple syrup
- Boil approximately 2 minutes
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs. Then mix in vanilla, cream, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 3 Tbsps of the maple syrup mixture
- In a large baking dish, lay out the pieces of bread flat. Using a fork, dock (poke a few holes in) the bread to allow the mixture to better absorb
- Pour the egg mixture of the bread and allow to stand for a few minutes
- In a large skillet, over a medium heat, melt 1 tbsp butter
- Add bread and cook approximately 1 ½ minutes on each side
- Remove from skillet, serve with maple syrup, butter, and whipped topping (optional)