Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane One Dish Wednesday Series where I feature casserole, slow cooker, and other one-dish meals.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! ?
How to Make Skillet Lasagna
- 14 ounces flat pasta
- 1 lb Italian sausage, ground or casings removed from other
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ Cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 28oz can tomato sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 tsps oregano
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 Cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- ½ Cup mozzarella, shredded or grated
- In medium to large pot, bring salted water to a boil
- Place pasta in boiling water and cook until al dente
- Drain off water, place pasta in separate dish to be used shortly
- In large skillet, brown Italian sausage. Drain off any grease
- Add bell pepper and onion. Cook approximately 4 minutes
- Mix in the zucchini and minced garlic. Cook an additional minute or so
- Mix in oregano, basil, thyme, and tomato sauce
- Cook approximately 10 minutes
- In large bowl, mix together the parmesan, parsley, egg, ricotta, and pepper
- Mix in the cooked pasta then add mixture to the skillet
- Cook an additional 15 minutes
You may also like our Slow Cooker Sunday Series for more one-dish meals.
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?