Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Christmas Cookies Series where I feature yummy and fun cookies to make this holiday season.
You can also browse a wide selection of cookie recipes here.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! 💋
How to Make Neapolitan Cookie Slices
Neapolitan Cookie Slices
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2¼ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- ¼ Cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsps maraschino cherries, finely chopped
- In large bowl, mix the burrter, sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Sift in the flour and salt. Combine
- Divide into thirds
- Mix chocolate and walnuts into one of the thirds
- Mix cherries into the second of the thirds
- Do nothing with the remaining third
- Take a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan and line it with parchment paper
- Pour the plain dough into the pan as the bottom layer, spread evenly
- Pour or scoop the chocolate dough mixture on top of the plain, spread evenly and carefully
- Next, pour or scoop the cherry dough mixture on to of the chocolate layer, spread evenly and carefully
- Cover, refrigerate for two hours
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Remove dough from refrigerator, and then remove dough from pan
- Cut dough into slices, ¼-inch
- Cut each of these ¼-inch slices in half
- Place each half approximately 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet
- Bake approximately 10 minutes, until lightly browned
- Remove immediately from baking sheet to cool