Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Christmas Cookies Series where I feature yummy and fun cookies to make this holiday season.
You can also browse a wide selection of cookie recipes here.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! ?
How to Make Rich Pecan Slices
Rich Pecan Slices
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 2 ½ Cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Cup pecans, finely chopped
- In large mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla (or almond)
- Sift in flour and salt. Mix
- If the cookie dough seems dry, you can mix in a teaspoon of milk - one at a time - up to 4 teaspoons
- Shape dough into roll, with a diameter of approximately 2 inches
- Roll dough in pecans
- Wrap in plastic wrap and then chill for at least 4 hours
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Slice roll into ⅛-inch slices
- Grease a baking sheet
- Place slices on baking sheet, 1-inch apart
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes, until light brown
- Remove from baking sheet immediately
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?