These delicious homemade brownies are one of our favorites. If you love rich, moist, thick, chocolatey brownies that must be washed down with a glass of milk – these are it!
These are delicious on their own or served with a side of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe notes: I use Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder, but you don’t have to use dark. In the brownies pictures, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I normally use dark chocolate chips. So, in the recipe I listed what I used in the picture. But you can use whatever type of chips you want.
I know I have such an odd number of minutes for the suggested baking time. That’s just what we prefer. If you’d like them less gooey, or your oven cooks slower – then leave them in a few more minutes.
Enjoy and happy baking! 💋
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
BEST Gooey Homemade Brownies
The BEST Homemade Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips (I usually buy Kroger brand - I like that they are not so small)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan
- Just before butter is completely melted - add sugar. Stir until butter is completely melted and sugar is mixed evenly into the melted butter.
- Transfer melted butter and sugar mixture into bowl. I use my KitchenAid Mixer
- In same bowl, mix together butter/sugar mixture, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, eggs, cocoa powder and flower. (I allow the mixer to run for a couple minutes - mixture will be thick)
- When all above ingredients are mixed thoroughly - stir in chocolate chips.
- IMMEDIATELY pour into greased 13x9 baking pan. (The longer you wait - the thicker and harder to transfer the mixture)
- Bake at 350 for 23 minutes. Your oven may require a few more minutes. (I know that is an odd number - but it will continue to cook in the pan for a minute or two once it is removed from the oven. Overdone brownies are just not yummy!)
Additional Topping Ideas:
- Melt chocolate and shortening together - drizzle over top of brownies
- Add chopped nuts
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over top of brownies