Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Christmas Cookies Series where I feature yummy and fun cookies to make this holiday season.
You can also browse a wide selection of cookie recipes here.
Peanut Butter Cookies are one of my favorites during the holiday season. They always remind me of a moment in time when my mom, aunt, and grandma were all baking and making Christmas treats in my grandma’s big kitchen.
I can still hear the sounds and they shuffled by each other making cookies and glass candy. I think there may have even been some peanut brittle in there. But I especially remember them making the peanut butter cookies and marking them with forks.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! 💋
How to Make Quick Peanut Butter Cookies
Quick Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 Cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 Cups buttermilk baking mix*
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- ½ Cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ Cup shortening
- ⅓ Cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In large bowl, mix the peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, shortening, and water
- Mix in the baking mix (See below notes)
- Using a large spoon, form cookies by shaping into balls
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart
- Take a fork, and dip it into flour. Flatten cookies by using the fork and making a crisscross pattern
- Bake approximately 6 minutes (more or less depending on your oven)
- Allow to cool slightly and then remove from baking sheet
1-1/2 cups buttermilk blend powder
4 tablespoons baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2-1/3 cups shortening In bowl, mix together everything except the shortening.
Once mixed, cut in the shortening. This stores nicely in an air-tight container for up to 6 months
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?