If you love a good biscuit as much as I do, you’ll love this Bojangles’ Buttermilk Biscuit copycat recipe!
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Tips to make biscuits from scratch
- Make sure that all ingredients are cold. Refrigerate all ingredients, including dry ingredients, before making the dough
- Butter or lard should be separated into as small of pieces as possible. Grate butter into a bowl and place back in the refrigerator. If you’re using lard, separate out into small portions and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Keep your hands, rolling pin, countertop, and biscuit cutter well-floured.
- Use lard or cooking spray to oil baking sheet or pan.
- Brush tops of biscuits with melted, room-temperature butter.
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking!
How to Make Bojangles’ Buttermilk Biscuit Copycat Recipe
Bojangles' Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 Cups self-rising flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps confectioners sugar
- ½ Cup lard, or butter*
- 1 - 1½ Cups buttermilk
- ¼ Cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450℉
- Chill all ingredients in refrigerator
- Melt butter and allow to cool
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and sugar
- Cut in the lard/butter a little at a time
- Cut in until fat has mixed in until it is small and granular
- Knead just a few times
- On a well floured countertop, roll out dough
- Roll dough to ¾-inch thick
- Do not overwork dough or add too much flour
- Using an oversized biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits in a straight down motion (do not twist)
- Place in prepared cast iron skillet, or baking sheet
- Brush melted butter over top of biscuits
- Bake approximately 12 minutes
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?