Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
I was thrilled to find two of my favorite flavors combined into one sweet roll.
I hope you try it and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! ?
How to Make Pineapple Coconut Sweet Rolls
Pineapple Coconut Sweet Rolls
- 1 Cup mashed potatoes
- 1 Cup lukewarm milk
- ½ Cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ Cup shortening
- 2 cakes yeast (4 ½ tsps)*
- ½ Cup lukewarm water
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ½ - 5 Cups flour
- butter, softened
- brown sugar
- 1 Cup crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 1 ½ Cup coconut, shredded
- In medium pot, mix together mashed potatoes and milk. Scald
- Turn down heat and allow to cool to a lukewarm temperature
- Mix in sugar, shortening, and salt
- In separate bowl, add yeast to lukewarm water. Allow to proof
- Stir into potato mixture
- Mix in eggs one at a time. Mixing well after each
- Beat in half of the flour. Mix until smooth
- Cover and let sit for 1 hour
- Mix in remaining flour
- Knead until smooth.
- Cover and let it rise until doubled
- Punch down, and allow it to sit and double again
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface
- Roll into a square
- Spread softened butter over it
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar over it generously
- Spread pineapple, and 1 cup of coconut
- Roll tightly into log
- Cut into rolls
- Lay rolls in prepared baking pans
- Allow to rise until doubled
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Sprinkle remaining coconut over rolls
- Bake approximately 35 minutes
* 1 cake of yeast is equal to one packet of yeast, which is 2 ¼ tsp
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?