Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Maple Monday Series where I feature a delicious recipe that includes maple syrup. With Indiana’s Maple Syrup production increasing in recent years – I thought this would be a fun way to introduce more of its use to my friends and family.
You can browse a wide selection of maple syrups here. Keep in mind that all maple syrups are not equal. If you have tried a maple syrup in the past and you found it to be bitter, try again. It’s probably just that brand or particular harvest or process that you do not like.
Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! ?
How to Make Maple Creams (Fudge)
Maple Creams Fudge
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Cups Maple syrup
- 2 Cups dark brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp Corn syrup
- 2 Cup cream
- butter for pan
- Prepare an 8 x 8 pan with grease
- In large saucepan, melt butter and swirl pan to cover base and sides
- Add other butter, maple syrup, cream, corn syrup, and brown sugar
- Heat and stir until it reaches a gentle boil
- Cover. Allow to cook for 3 minutes
- Bring mixture to soft ball stage*
- Stir in vanilla
- Remove from heat
- Beat until mixture is creamy and thick
- Pour into prepared pan
- Allow to set
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?