Over the last ten years, I’ve noticed a significant difference in the heat and cook times of the various slow cookers available on the market. I feel like the newer slow cookers can tend to get a lot hotter than older models. (Maybe that’s just a combination of the age and level of use for each slow cooker.) You’ll need to adjust the heat levels and time according to your slow cooker.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy slow cooking!
How to Make Shredded Pork in a Slow Cooker
- 1 3 lb. pork butt roast - or boneless spareribs
- 1 Cup water
- 1 pkg. dry taco seasoning mix
- In small bowl or measuring cup, combine water and seasoning mix
- Place pork in slow cooker
- Pour water mix over top of pork
- Place meat in slow cooker. Add water and sea- soning mix.
- Place lid on top and cook on low for 24 hours (or on high 8 - 12 hours)
- Using forks or gloved hands, shred meat. (You can do this in the slow cooker or remove to cutting board.)
- Serve on buns or in soft tacos
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?