Popovers are a light roll made from an egg batter. They are mostly made of a crisp outer shell with little and moist material on the inside. Try splitting and filling with dried beef gravy for a quick dinner or serve with ho
The secret to creating a light and airy popover is to avoid overmixing and to utilize a very hot oven. I like to start with a hot popover or muffin pan!
You can mix these in a food processor or in a bowl with a whisk.
Old Fashioned Popovers
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon melted butter I never recommend using margarine or vegetable spreads in place of butter
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Add flour to a large bowl - creating a well in the center of the flour
- Add salt to the well
- Gradually add the milk. Stir until smooth
- Add eggs and blend well
- Add melted butter. Beat until smooth
- Scoop into greased muffin pan, filling each slot one-third full
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 F and bake for approximately 15 minutes longer or until popovers are a deep golden brown
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?