I love when I find a recipe that offers a different way of making a standard item. No-bake cookies are one of the techniques that have always intrigued me. Even as a child – I was amazed at the “no bake cookies” that made frequent appearances at different parties and events.
So this recipe actually called them “Top of Stove Cookies”.
Also, this recipe left no additional instruction after dropping the cookies onto wax paper – so I assume you just let them sit and set until they appear to be ready, no chilling involved. If you have ideas and suggestions, let me know in the comments!
Enjoy and Happy no-baking! 💋
Stovetop Cookies - Top of Stove Cookies
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ C nut meats*
- 1 C cocoanut**
- 1 ½ C quick cook rolled oats
- 2 C sugar
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 stick oleo (butter)
- ½ C milk
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- Combine in one medium-sized bowl: vanilla, nut meats (or chips), cocoanut, oats. Set aside
- Combine and then boil for 1 minute: sugar, cocoa, oleo, milk, peanut butter
- Remove from heat and stir in first bowl mixture
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto wax paper
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?