If the name alone doesn’t intrigue you, I hope the ingredients will!
I hope you try this delicious spin on a traditional chocolate chip cookie and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! 💋
How to Make Cowboy Cookies
- 2 Cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup shortening
- 1 12oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350
- In large bowl, sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, and salt
- In separate bowl, blend shortening and sugar. Add vanilla, eggs and then beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine both mixtures
- Mix in oats, and chocolate chips
- Cookie dough should be crumbly
- Drop by spoonfull* on prepared baking sheet
- Bake 12 - 15 minutes
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?