Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Slow Cooker Series where I feature a delicious recipe that use a slow cooker to prepare the meal.
You can browse a wide selection of slow cookers here on Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Walmart.com.
Over the last ten years, I’ve noticed a significant difference in the heat and cook times of the various slow cookers available on the market. I feel like the newer slow cookers can tend to get a lot hotter than older models. (Maybe that’s just a combination of the age and level of use for each slow cooker.) You’ll need to adjust the heat levels and time according to your slow cooker.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! ?
How to Make Pineapple Bread in a Slow Cooker
Pineapple Bread in a Slow Cooker
- 2 ¾ Cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ Cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- ⅓ Cup milk
- ⅓ Cup butter, melted
- 1 Cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 Cup dates, chopped
- 1 Cup walnuts, chopped
- In large bowl, sift flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder
- In seperate bowl mix together the milk, butter, egg, pineapple, waluts, and dates
- Combine both into one bowl, and stir until dry ingredients are all wet
- Grease and flour a loaf pan*
- Pour pineapple bread dough into loaf pan
- Cover with aluminum foil, and place inside slow cooker
- Place lid on slow cooker
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours (or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean)
- Remove loaf pan from slow cooker, turn off slow cooker
- Allow bread to cool for 5 minutes
- Remove bread from loaf pan and allow to continue to cool on a baking rack
- Serve or seal in a plastic bag or plastic wrap and refrigerate to keep
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?