These bite-size drop buns were so fun and interesting to make! I had all of the ingredients on hand – and they were super simple to throw together.
These are perfect for that quickly-made treat that looks like it took a long time to prepare.
These were so yummy that I will probably double up the recipe on my next round.
If you’re not a fan of icing, you can always leave that off. They will still be delicious!
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! 💋
How to Make Golden Raisin Drop Buns
Golden Raisin Drop Buns
- 1 Cup water
- 2 stick butter
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Cup flour
- 4 large eggs
- ½ Cup raisins, plumped*
- vanilla icing**
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In medium-size pot, combine butter, sugar, salt, and water. Brint to boil
- Next, add flour and continue to stir over a low heat
- Dough will become thick. Remove from heat and mix in eggs one at a time.
- Return to low heat to fully incorporate all eggs
- Remove from heat and stir in raisins
- Prepare a baking sheet or line with parchment paper
- Drop buns by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet, 2 inches apart
- Bake 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and drizzle vanilla frosting over top
- Best served warm