Looking for an easy and delicious Rhubarb Cake Recipe? Let’s give this one a try!
I found this Rhubarb recipe on a single sheet of paper in the recipe book that I received from the family of my neighbor and friend Phylis after she passed away. So, I’m not certain where it originated. But I was delighted to find this sheet of paper with a few recipes on it.
Enjoy and happy baking! 💋
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Rhubarb Cake Recipe
- ½ C Shortening (or other fat)
- 1 ½ C brown sugar (I prefer dark)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C sour milk (1 cup milk + 1 tbsp vinegar)*
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 C finely chopped rhubarb
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ C granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together
- In a medium bowls, combine the brown sugar, egg, vanilla, milk, and shortening.
- In separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and soda. Then add rhubarb. Combine both mixtures together.
- Pour into a prepared 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes