Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
Such a fun sweet dish! Whip it up and let me know what you think.
You can switch the Blackberries out for any berry of your choice.
Blackberry Dumplings Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! 💋
Such a fun sweet dish!
- 2 ½ C fresh, frozen, or canned blackberries
- ⅓ C granulated sugar
- dash salt
- 1 C water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ C milk
- In medium-sized pot, mix together bthe sauce ingredietns: erries, sugar, salt, and water
- Cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove lid and add lemon juice
- In a separate bowl, sift together the remaining dry ingredients
- Cut in butter until mixture is coarse
- Add in all of the milk
- Stir just until the flour is damp
- Drop batter by tablespoon into the bubbling sauce (about 6 dumplings total)
- Don't allow dumplings to fall onto each other, overlap, or touch (at first)
- Cover and cook over a low heat for approximately 10 minutes
Don't like blackberry? You can use any type of berry that you would like!