Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Slow Cooker Series where I feature a delicious recipe that use a slow cooker to prepare the meal.
You can browse a wide selection of slow cookers here on Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Walmart.com.
This sounds delicious!
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Slow Cooker | Cutting board | Knives | Measuring cups | Measuring spoons | Mixing bowls
Enjoy and happy slow cooking! ?
How to Make Savory Pepper Steak
Savory Pepper Steak (Slow Cooker Recipe)
- 1 ½ - 2 lb beef round steak (approximately ½ inch thick)
- ¼ Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large green onion - seed and cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 16oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp beef base (granules or paste)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 servings hot fluffy rice
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- Prepare steak by cutting into strips
- In medium bowl, mix ¼ cup all-purpose flour with salt and pepper
- Coat steak strips with flour mixture
- Place steak strips in slow cooker alongn with the chopped onion, minced garlic and the strips of green pepper
- Stir together
- In separate bowl, mix beef base, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and tomatoes
- Pour into slow cooker over steak
- Ensure the meat is well soaked
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 8 - 12 hours
- Approximately an hour before serving, mix in the left over green peppers
- Turn heat up to high
- Approximately an hour before serving: In small bowl, mix 3 Tbsp flour and 3 Tbsp cold water. Combine thoroughly and then pour into slow cooker and stir. Replace lid and cook until gravy thickens.
- Serve pepper steak over cooked *fluffy rice with gravy
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?