Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
Homemade White Bread Recipe
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! ?
How to Make Homemade White Bread
Homemade White Bread
- 10 Cups all-purpose flour, sifted and divided
- 2 tsps salt
- ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ Cups warm water
- 4½ tsps yeast
- ½ Cup melted butter (8 Tbsps)
- ½ Cup additional melted butter for tops of loaves
- In large bowl, mix butter, sugar and salt
- In saucepan, scald milk
- Pour milk over butter mixture and combine
- While mixture is cooling, proof yeast in warm water
- Once proofed, add to milk mixture
- Add eggs and 5 cups of the flour, mix until thick.
- Add additional 3 cups of flour, combine thoroughly
- Dough should be slightly sticky. If too sticky, add more flour ¼ cup at a time until only slightly sticky.
- Rest dough for 10 minutes
- Turn dough out onto floured surface. Sprinkle flour overtop of dough
- Knead until smooth, approximately 10 minutes
- Place dough in a well oiled bowl, and cover with a warm, damp (lint-free) cloth
- Let rise in warm place until dough has doubled, approximately 1 ½ half hours
- Prepare 4 8-inch loaf pans
- With greased fingers, punch dough down.
- Pull enough dough from dough ball to fill each dough pan only ⅓ full
- Form each piece of dough into a smooth, oblong shape
- Place into loaf pan and gently press to spread dough into pan
- Melt additional butter and brush over each loaf
- Cover loaves with warm, damp towl and allow to rise again until doubled. Approximately 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Remove damp towl, and place loaf pans inside oven
- Bake until the top of the loaves have browned approximately 15 minutes
- Lower heat to 350° and bake additional 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- To freeze extra loaves, wrap in foil and place in large, zippered freezer bag
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?