Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
I just love the name of this cake. I assume it must have been used for celebrations like birthdays.
Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! ?
How to Make Happy Day Cake
Happy Day Cake
- 2 ¼ Cup cake flour, sifted
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ Cup granulated sugar
- ½ Cup shortening*, softened
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Prepare two layer cake pans
- In large bowl, sift together all dry ingredients
- Cut in shortening
- Add ¾ Cup milk, mix until combined
- Mix in remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly
- Divide into layer pans and bake for 20 - 25 minutes
*If using butter, or lard - use only 1 Cup minus 2 Tablespoons
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?