I found this cute idea for a candy cane shaped danish on Amanda’s Cookin’ – and have been in love with the idea of fun danish shapes ever since.
Cherry Candy Cane Danish
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 8 oz tube crescent roll
- cherry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheet with cooking spray
- Mix softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. I use a spatula to press it all together until ready to add the other ingredients.
- Combine glaze ingredients in a separate bowl, set aside
- On a long baking sheet, arrange crescents into the shape of a candy cane. (pictured below)
- Using a large spoon or spatula create an indent up the length of the candy cane, where you'll place the cream cheese mixture and pie filling (pictured below)
- Spread cream cheese mixture up the length of the candy cane (pictured below)
- Spread pie filling up the length of the candy cane (pictured below)
- Fold edges of crescent rolls over the filling, and at an upward angle (pictured below)
- Bake approximately 15 minutes (until it has turned a golden color)
- Remove candy cane from oven and allow to cool for only a few minutes
- Spread glaze over the top of the crescent roll stripes
- Serve warm
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?