Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
So what I love about this Hamburger Pie Recipe, is that you can change things up to fit your taste.
This recipe calls for green beans, but I used corn. I also used more ground beef than it called for. Next time, I would probably use ketchup instead of condensed tomato soup, and I would probably double the amount of potatoes.
Feel free to change it up to fit your tastes – and let me know if the comments below how you made it.
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! 💋
How to Make Hamburger Pie
Hamburger Pie Casserole
Easy and delicious!
- 1 lb ground beef*
- 1 medium onion, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 10-11 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 5 medium potatoes, washed - pealed - cooked - mashed)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 14.5 oz can green beans**
- ½ Cup warm milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- (Cook onion in fat until golden, add meat and seasonings. Cook until browned) Note that I did this step differently: I cooked the ground beef first. Removed ground beef to drain. Wiped down skillet, then added butter and onion. Cooked until transluscent. Added ground beef back in. Added salt and pepper.
- Mix in drained beans. Note that I used corn instead
- Mix in soup. Add to casserole pan
- Wash, peel, cute, and boil potatoes in water.
- When potatoes are done (approximately 30 minutes), drain off water, add butter and milk to mash.
- Mix in beat egg, and additional milk if necessary
- Scoop onto top of casserole. Note that I spread the potatoes into a layer, instead of leaving into mounds.
- Bake for 30 minutes
*I used 1 1/2 lbs. **I chose to use corn instead
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?