Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Christmas Cookies Series where I feature yummy and fun cookies to make this holiday season.
You can also browse a wide selection of cookie recipes here.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! 💋
How to Make Honey Molasses Cookies
Honey Molasses Cookies
- ½ Cup honey
- ½ Cup molasses
- ¾ Cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2¾ Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ Cup citron, cut up (substitute with lemon)
- ⅓ Cup chopped nuts
- 1 Cup sugar
- ½ Cup water
- ¼ Cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In large saucepan, mix together honey and molasses
- Cook until it comes to a boil
- Remove from heat
- Allow to cool completely
- Mix in brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and egg
- Now mix in all remaining cookie ingredients
- Prepare a greased baking sheet
- Divide dough into 2 - 4 sections. Only work with one section at a time, refrigerating the sections you aren't working with at the moment.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to ¼-inch thick
- Cut into 2½ - 1½ inch rectangles
- Place rectangles an inch apart on baking sheet
- Bake approximately 10 - 12 minutes
- Remove from baking sheet and brush with glaze. Allow to cool
- In medium saucepan over a medium heat, mix together the sugar and water
- Cook until sugar granules are melted
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined
- Brush over baked cookes before they cool
- If glaze begins to harden, slightly warm until melted again
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?