Cranberry sauce is a staple of many Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, and making it at home is a great way to add a personal touch to your holiday feast. Not only is it easy to make, but it also allows you to control the sweetness and texture to suit your taste.
I love having cranberry sauce with my holiday meals. Honestly, I like it from the can and homemade. But homemade is definitely better. In my opinion. It has all the flavor!
Not only is homemade cranberry sauce a delicious addition to your holiday feast, but it also makes a great hostess gift. Simply ladle the sauce into sterilized jars, and it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You can also experiment with different flavors by adding a splash of orange juice, or a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar or maple syrup. The possibilities are endless!
Here’s the homemade cranberry sauce I made for this last Christmas dinner.
I hope you try it and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! 💋
How to Make Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 12 ounces cranberries
- Rinse cranberries and discard any that are bruised or damaged
- In medium saucepan, over a medium heat combine orange juice and sugar. Cook until sugar has melted into the juice
- Stir in cranberries
- Cook and stir until they begin to pop (this is such a fun moment and sound!)
- Continue to stir and allow to cook for a few more minutes
- Remove from heat and pour into sauce bowl
- The cranberry sauce will continue to thicken as it cools down
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?