Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Sheet Pan Saturdays where I feature yummy recipe that are easily baked on a sheet pan.
Sheet pan recipes are versatile, and can range from breakfast, snack, dessert to main dish!
Grab this pineapple sheet cake recipe for a delicious and easy dessert!
Use this Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Quesadilla recipe for an easy make, bake, and clean up!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Quesadilla frequently asked questions:
How long to cook sheet pan chicken fajitas?
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas can bake anywhere from 15 – 40 minutes depending on the ingredients used and if layers are incorporated. This recipe will bake a total of 20 minutes after pre-cooking chicken in skillet.
What size of sheet pan do I need for sheet pan chicken fajitas?
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
This recipe specifically calls for a 10×15 jelly roll sheet pan. You could make it on a standard half-sheet pan, it will just not be as thick of a cake as it will spread out a little further to fill that slightly larger pan.
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking!
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Quesadillas Recipe
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
- 2 half-sheet pans
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 larege onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1.12 ounce package fajita seasoning mix
- 2 Cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 4 Tbsps sour cream
- 4 Tbsps pico de gallo or to taste
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Using large skillet, heat olive oil. Stir in onion, bell peppers. Cook until soft
- Remove from skillet and set aside
- Add chicken to skillet and cook about five minutes.
- Place onion and bell pepper mix back into skillet. Ad water and fajita seasoning
- Stirring, cook until chicken is fully cooked. About 3 - 4 minutes
- Using a half-sheet pan, lay 6 tortillas around edges. Leave half of the tortiall hanging over side
- Cover the pan completely by laying more tortillas down the center of pan
- Scoop chicken mix over top of tortillas. Use a slotted spoon so that too much liquid is not added on top of tortillas making them soggy
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken mix
- Place additional tortillas over center. Fold outer tortillas over top of chicken mix
- Lay another half-sheet pan or baking sheet on top of tortillas to hold them closed
- Bake 10 minutes
- Remove top baking sheet
- Bake an additional 10 - 12 minutes until golden and crispy
- Slice and serve with sour cream, cilantro, and pico de gallo
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?