This recipe looks absolutely scrumptious! It comes from the community cookbook, Cook Book.
This recipe actually instructs you to make it into potato balls, and then fry in butter. However, I’ve turned it into a baked dish. I love any recipe where I can add pineapple – and a sweet potato bake is perfect for it. The original form is listed in the recipe notes below.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! 💋
Sweet Potato Bake
Hawaiian Sweet Potato Bake
- 1 40oz Can yams/sweet potatoes
- 1 20oz Can crushed pineapple
- 1 Cup brown sugar (I prefer dark)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 large egg, beaten*
- 1 Cup cracker crumbs (I prefer a buttery cracker)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Mash the yams/sweet potatoes in a large bowl
- Mix in pineapple, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, and beaten egg
- Melt butter, stir in cracker crumbs
- Pour potatoe mixture inbo baking dish
- Bake 20 minutes
- Remove and sprinkle crumb mixture over potatoes
- Bake additional 5 - 10 minutes