This cake sounds absolutely delicious!
Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! 💋
How to Make Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cake
Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cake
- 1 ½ Cup water
- 1 Cup quick oats
- ¼ lb butter, 1 stick
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ Cup evaporated milk ½
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ Cup pecans, chopped
- ½ Cup flaked coconut
- Prepare 9-inch square cake pan
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place oats in bowl of water and soak for 20 minutes
- In separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar
- Mix in eggs
- Sift in all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Pour into cake pan
- Bake approximately 30 minutes
- In medium pot over low-medium heat: mix together the milk, eggs, sugar, and butter.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thick
- Remove from heat and mix in remaining ingredients
- Spread over cooled cake
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?