This is my favorite breakfast breads – and if you don’t agree – I guess that’s okay. 😁
It’s absolutely perfect as a standalone option or served with your choice of steak and eggs.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! 💋
How to Make Sausage Bread
- 1 lb ground pork sausage (hot)
- 8 Tbsp butter (1 stick)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ Cup milk minus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place butter in bread pan.
- Place bread pan in oven to melt butter
- Remove as soon as butter melts to prevent it from splattering
- In small skillet, over a medium heat, cook sausage until browned.
- Drain grease from sausage, and set aside
- Measure out 1 ½ Cup milk, remove 1 tablespoon
- Mix in 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the milk
- In large bowl, combine cooked sausage, and cheddar cheese
- Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, then milk
- Scoop dough into bread pan over top of the melted butter
- Bake approximately 40 -45 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly before serving
Reheat at 350°F about 5 minutes