This recipe from the FUMW community cookbook reminds me a lot of one of my favorite doughnut recipes.
Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! 💋
Homemade Doughnut Recipe
Famous Homemade Doughnuts
- ¾ C water, warm
- 6¾ -7 tsp yeast
- 2 C milk, scalded
- ¾ C sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ C shortening
- 9½-10½ C all-purpose flour
- Spoon yeast into warm water, allow to proof in warm environment (approximately 5 minutes)
- In small pan, scald milk. Remove from heat by pouring it into a bowl. Add sugar then sal
- Add in yeast, and eggs
- Sift in 5 cups flour, and shortening. Combine
- Add in 4 cups of flour, mix and then knead in remaining flour
- Continue kneading until dough is light and easily manageable. (I love using my Pro-series KitchenAid mixer for this process)
- Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover and leave in a warm place to rise until doubled (approximately 2 hours) A warm microwave is great for this. Don't run the microwave - just leave the dough inside it.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out until it's approximately half an inch thick. Cut out doughnuts
- Place cut doughnutd on baking trays or onto clean countertop. Cover and allow to rise until doubled again. Approximately an hour.
- Heat grease in fryer to 350°
- Fry doughuts until brown on both sides (This can happen really quickly!)
- Remove from oil, and place on wire rack (with paper towles beneath) to drain and cool.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?