Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Slow Cooker Series where I feature a delicious recipe that use a slow cooker to prepare the meal.
You can browse a wide selection of slow cookers here on Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Walmart.com.
Over the last ten years, I’ve noticed a significant difference in the heat and cook times of the various slow cookers available on the market. I feel like the newer slow cookers can tend to get a lot hotter than older models. (Maybe that’s just a combination of the age and level of use for each slow cooker.) You’ll need to adjust the heat levels and time according to your slow cooker.
Note: This recipe makes approximately 2.5 quarts. So you’ll need to choose a slow cooker close to that size.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! ?
How to Make Cranberry Canadian Bacon in a Slow Cooker
Cranberry Canadian Bacon (Slow Cooker)
- 4 lbs Canadian bacon
- 1 Cup cranberry sauce (jellied or whole)
- Remove casing from bacon, and cut to fit inside slow cooker
- Place bacon in slow cooker
- Pour cranberry sauce over bacon
- Place lid on slow cooker and set to low
- Cook 6 - 8 hours
- Remove bacon and cut into slices
- Place bacon on a baking sheet and top with cranberry sauce
- Broil approximately 10 minutes to create a glaze
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?