Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
Chili-Topped Potatoes Recipe
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! ?
How to Make Chili-Topped Potatoes
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 stick butter, softened or melted
- ½ lb ground beef
- ⅓ Cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ½ Cup water
- 1 ½ Tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Wash potatoes r
- Using a fork, poke holes into all sides of the potatoes
- Spread butter over potatoes
- Place potatoes on a prepared or parchment lined baking sheet (I use wire racks on my baking sheet!)
- Bake potatoes approximately 1 hour
- In large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook ground beef
- drain fat, and add onion and garlic
- Add tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt, and pepper
- Reduce heat, and simmer. Cook until thick, approximately 30 minutes
- Split the tops of the potatoes lengthwise
- Pinch the ends of the potato and push together
- Stir and fluff inside of potatoes with a fork
- Spoon chili over top of potatoes
- Sprinkle with cheese and green onion
- Sour cream also makes a great topping!
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?