Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Slow Cooker Series where I feature a delicious recipe that use a slow cooker to prepare the meal.
You can browse a wide selection of slow cookers here on Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Kohl’s, Macy’s, and Walmart.com.
Over the last ten years, I’ve noticed a significant difference in the heat and cook times of the various slow cookers available on the market. I feel like the newer slow cookers can tend to get a lot hotter than older models. (Maybe that’s just a combination of the age and level of use for each slow cooker.) You’ll need to adjust the heat levels and time according to your slow cooker.
Note: This recipe makes approximately 2 quarts. So you’ll need to choose a slow cooker close to that size.
Serve this casserole with your favorite sweet potato toppings like brown sugar, butter, and mini marshmallow or marshmallow cream.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! ?
How to Make Sweet Potato Casserole in a Slow Cooker
Sweet Potato Casserole (Slow Cooker)
- 2 15 oz cans sweet potatoes or yams, drained and mashed
- ½ Cup milk
- ¼ Cup dry sherry (substitute with chicken broth)
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp lemon peel, grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- dash cayenne pepper
- 4 large eggs
- In a large bowl, combine and beat sweet potatoes, butter, milk, and sherry
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Prepare a slower cooker crock with cooking spray or other oil
- Pour mix into slow cooker
- Cover and set to high
- Cook one hour
- Turn heat to low and cook additional 3 hours
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?