Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Christmas Cookies Series where I feature yummy and fun cookies to make this holiday season.
You can also browse a wide selection of cookie recipes here.
These Hot Chocolate Cookies are the perfect cookies to go along with my favorite holiday drink, Hot Cocoa!
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy baking! 💋
How to Make Hot Chocolate Cookies
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 C dark chocolate chopped (or your favorite type of chocolate)
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder I prefer dark
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 20 halves of marshmallows 10 marshmallows
- nutmeg and cinnamon
- Use a double boiler or put the butter (cut into slices) and chocolate in a glass bowl and set in on a pot of gently boiling water. Stir as the chocolate melts and mix with the butter. Mix until smooth.
- In separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and nutmet. Stir together.
- Using a stand or hand mixer with whisk attachment, beat the eggs and sugar until pale and peaks. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla, then pour and scrape the chocolate mix into dry ingredients.
- Mix until combines, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Combine the dry mix into same bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill at least 1 1/2 hours. Can chill up to one day.
- When ready, remove from refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Scoop dough from bowl in 1 1/2 tablespoon scoops. Roll into a ball with your hands.
- Place on baking sheets, 1 - 2 inches a part. Baking approximately 9 minutes. The cookies should look puffy and soft.
- Place cut marshmallow piece, cut side down, into the center of each cookie. Push it gently into the cookie so that it sticks
- Bake again for up to 5 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffed up.
- Additionally, you can broil for a minute or so to brown the marshmallows
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit, then sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?