As I flipped through my vintage recipes books the other day, my eyes were immediately drawn to this one. It sounded so exciting! Fairy punch. Who doesn’t want to try that?
I love that the directions call for *unfermented grape juice*. This makes me wonder if there was a similar common recipe that called for an alcoholic version. I guess you could always try it with fermented juice. I may come across that recipe in another one of my dozens of vintage recipe books. Who knows!
I have several notes on the recipe. You can find them just under the instructions. I also think that you would want to double or triple this recipe for any type of party.
Enjoy and Happy cooking! 💋
- ¼ of a fresh pineapple, cubed (approimately 1 ¼ Cup, or one can of chunk pineapple)*
- 1 quart unfermented grape juice, regular
- 1 Cup cold tea (recipe did not specify on sweet or unsweet)
- 3 oranges, juiced
- ½ banana, sliced
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- Ice (amount not specified)
- Carbonated water
- "a few cherries"**
- 1 lemon washed, sliced***
- Mix pineapple, grape juice, cold tea, orange juice, lemon, banana, sugar, and cherries. Blend well.
- This step called for placing a "small block of ice" in a punch bowl and then pouring the punch over it. You then add additional ice and pour in the carbonated water when you are ready to serve.I suggest adding a small bag of ice to a punch bowl, adding your punch and then carbonated soda just before party time.
- If you want to keep this in the refrigerator, keep the punch and carbonated soda separate until ready to drink. Then mix a glass at a time.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?