Try this delicious beef and broccoli slow cooker recipe for a nice, hot and hearty meal!
Over the last ten years, I’ve noticed a significant difference in the heat and cook times of the various slow cookers available on the market. I feel like the newer slow cookers can tend to get a lot hotter than older models. (Maybe that’s just a combination of the age and level of use for each slow cooker.) You’ll need to adjust the heat levels and time according to your slow cooker.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! ?
How to Make Beef and Broccoli
Beef and Broccoli Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 lb sirloin steak sliced thin or boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 Cup beef broth
- ½ Cup soy sauce
- ¼ Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets
- 1 Cup white rice Cook and serve on the side
- In medium sized bowl, mix together the beef broth, sesame oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, and minced garlic
- Pour into slow cooker
- Lay beef in the mixture and toss mixture of beef to coat
- Cover with lid and cook on low, 4 hours
- After 4 hours: in small bowl mix the cornstarch and water
- Add broccoli to slow cooker
- Pour cornstarch mixture in slow cooker and stir into liquid to combine
- Place lid back on slow cooker and cook an additional 30 minutes
- Serve on top of the cooked white rice or to the side of the cooked rice
- Cover with lid and cook 30 minutes to cook broccoli and thicken sauce.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?