Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
This is very interesting indeed – and I am excited to hear what you think of it, and if it’s something that you remember eating or if it’s something you already make. Let me know in the comments below!
Enjoy and Happy cooking! ?
Apple Lasagna Recipe
A fun twist to a classic
- 2 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 C ricotta cheese
- 1 lage egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 2 20oz cans apple pie filling
- 8 (approximately) lasagna noodles (cooked, rinsed, drained)
- 6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash ground nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp margarine (butter*)
- 1 C dairy sour cream
- 1/3 C packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix cheddar cheese, egg, ricotta cheese, granulated sugar, and almond extract
- Spread one can of pie filling over the bottom of a greased 9x13 casserole pan.
- Layer noodles over the filling
- Spread cheese mixture over noodles
- Layer noodles over cheese mixture
- Spread with remaining pie filling
- Mix flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg in bowl. Cut in butter with fork.
- Sprinkle over pie filling
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Remove, cover and refrigerate
- Thoroughly mix sour cream and 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- Serve by cutting lasagna into squares and adding a dollop of sour cream mixture.
*I always suggest butter over margarine.
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?