This Homemade Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Pie is a delicious classic, traditional southern pie. Simple to whip up and full of flavor – this one will take you back to sweeter and simpler times.
There’s no need to blind bake your crust on this recipe – just mix then pour into your crust. In just a few hours, you’ll have one of the most delicious pies from years gone by. Choose a homemade or premade crust – whichever fits your time and fancy.
A cute pie plate adds to the presentation and feel. Check out a few of my favorite picks below!
Homemade Buttermilk Pie
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt (a pinch)
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 9 in. pie shell
- Cream butter and sugar
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth
- Add vanilla, mix well
- Add flour and salt, mix well
- Add buttermilk and mix until thoroughly combined
- Pour mixture into pie shell - just to the top.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Allow pie to set before serving.
- Store in refrigerator, covered.