Content may contain affiliate or sponsored content. Read disclosure here.
Oatmeal Cake Recipe
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! ?
How to Make Oatmal Cake
- 1 Cup quick cook oats
- 1 ⅓ Cup hot water
- 1 ⅓ Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- ½ Cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 7 oz shredded coconut
- 1 Cup pecans, shopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- ¼ Cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In medium size bowl, soak oats in water for 20 minutes
- In separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon
- In separate bowl, beat sugars and shortening
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix until fluffy
- Add oatmeal and combine
- Stir in dry ingredients
- Pour into prepared 9x13 cake pan and bake approximately 35 minutes
- In bowl, beat together the butter and cream
- Mix in vanilla then brown sugar
- Combine thoroughly
- Stir in coconut and pecans
- While the cake is still hot, spread topping over top
- Place cake under broiler until bubbly
Content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a little somethin’ somethin’ when you use the link to make a purchase. Learn more here. Would you like me to feature your brand? Contact me here.
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?