Welcome to the Cast Iron Lane Maple Monday Series where I feature a delicious recipe that includes maple syrup. With Indiana’s Maple Syrup production increasing in recent years – I thought this would be a fun way to introduce more of its use to my friends and family.
You can browse a wide selection of maple syrups here. Keep in mind that all maple syrups are not equal. If you have tried a maple syrup in the past and you found it to be bitter, try again. It’s probably just that brand or particular harvest or process that you do not like.
Make sure that you use real maple syrup in the recipe, and not corn syrup – which is what most table syrups are. It can greatly affect the taste of the recipe if maple syrup is not used.
I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Kitchen Items for this Recipe
Enjoy and happy cooking! 💋
How to Make Maple BBQ Chicken
Maple BBQ Chicken
- 3 whole chickens, split
- ½ Cup oil
- ¾ Cup maple syrup
- ¾ Cup vinegar
- ½ tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 Tbsp salt
- Split chickens and lay halves on hot grill, skin side up
- Cook approximately 25 minutes (give or take)
- In bowl, mix maple syrup, oil, vinegar, Tabasco sauce, salt
- Turn chicken and brush with sauce mixture
- Turn chicken again and brush with sauce mixture
- Do this frequently for approximately 40 minutes until tender and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°
I'm sorry that you didn't like this recipe. 🙁
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?